Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Primary birthday ideas

I'm looking for small b-day gifts for the primary children in my ward for next year. Does anyone have any ideals? Thanks!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur
I'm looking for small b-day gifts for the primary children in my ward for next year. Does anyone have any ideals? Thanks!!
We give them a ticket to take to the Bishop's office. They redeem it for a candy bar (which we provide). Not only do they get candy, but they get to have a special moment with the Bishop.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Penny Pincher

I did this same thread a couple weeks ago. . . I think we're going to go w/ a rainbow pop-a-point pencil at http://eaglemtn.biz/3.html (the very bottom pack). If you order from him, you get 20% off, so they're 80 cents a piece, instead of 99 cents. I'm still looking at school supply stores & stuff to see if I can find them cheaper. We were also hoping to use some type of little notebook to go w/ it, w/ the theme on the front. I bought a 5-pack at the dollar store today that I'm going to try to figure out how I could put a cover on the front. If that doesn't work, I think they'd be thrilled w/ the pencil (I know I would!!).
Old 12-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Penny Pincher

Default Magnets

We got the small tiles (I think they are 3"x3") and had I Am A Child of God in vinyl on them then attached a magnet. Cheap, easy & cute.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Penny Pincher

I've heard from other people to just keep it simple & hand out candy. But, we've been told not to pass out treats. I don't know if that's just our Stake or if it's in the handbook or where that came from, but that's why I've been scrambling for other ideas. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

the idea door. Sugar doodle, these 2 sites are similar and there's even a link to the idea door on this one.

If you want pencils, or other cute inexpensive bulk gifts, try Oriental Trading Co.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Master Penny Pincher

since my dd has food allergies I prefer that my kids get non-food treats. however, it's only once a year and I can deal with trading them if I need to. our ward has done scripture marking pencils, I am a Child of God pencils, and treats.

what about a bookmark or small church picture?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Penny Pincher

I just found the rainbow pencils for 63 cents a piece (shipping included). So, if you go that route send me a pm for more info!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

We bought rubber bracelets with the theme for next year on them. We bought them in all sizes from toddler to adult. We probably have extras if anyone wants to buy some from us!

They are like these:
http://www.ldsgreats.com/2010-know-s...d8a31d2df2e570
Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyem
I did this same thread a couple weeks ago. . . I think we're going to go w/ a rainbow pop-a-point pencil at http://eaglemtn.biz/3.html (the very bottom pack). If you order from him, you get 20% off, so they're 80 cents a piece, instead of 99 cents. I'm still looking at school supply stores & stuff to see if I can find them cheaper. We were also hoping to use some type of little notebook to go w/ it, w/ the theme on the front. I bought a 5-pack at the dollar store today that I'm going to try to figure out how I could put a cover on the front. If that doesn't work, I think they'd be thrilled w/ the pencil (I know I would!!).
We did something similar to this a few years ago. We had a copy/print store like Kinkos print us out some 1/4 sheet notepads with the theme on them. I can't remember the price but it went nicely with the pens.