Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Default Christmas class parties. What are you doing or have done in the past?

What are you doing, of have done, for you child's Christmas class parties at school?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Penny Pincher

This year I am bringing a craft/snack that they can make and eat. I haven't found what I'm doing yet though!

Last year her class did stations with different activities. They made reindeer food, made a cup of hot chocolate, bingo...I can't remember too much about it though.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

I am at a loss of what to do. The Halloween party was such a hit and I am wanting the same with this party. I already know what I am doing for the Valentines party, but not this one. LOL!

I really don't want to do a "craft/game/food station party", maybe something fresh, fun and creative.

Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Master Penny Pincher

On the Halloween idea thread, someone mentioned doing a "Minute to Win it" type game. I was thinking of doing something along those lines. But, I never watch the show, so I don't know what games to do.

I would love to hear ideas also. I am doing a 6th grade party... Yikes, it is coming up quick!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplejenn View Post
I am at a loss of what to do. The Halloween party was such a hit and I am wanting the same with this party. I already know what I am doing for the Valentines party, but not this one. LOL!

I really don't want to do a "craft/game/food station party", maybe something fresh, fun and creative.

Any ideas?
Can you share these? I'm helping with a party each time and would love to get started on it.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
On the Halloween idea thread, someone mentioned doing a "Minute to Win it" type game. I was thinking of doing something along those lines. But, I never watch the show, so I don't know what games to do.

I would love to hear ideas also. I am doing a 6th grade party... Yikes, it is coming up quick!
The Minute to Win It had a Christmas theme tonight. It will be on again on Friday. I plan to watch that one. This is a great idea. Hopefully there will be something fun that I could do with my 2nd graders. Thanks for the idea. I'll add some after I see the show on Friday.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljepp View Post
The Minute to Win It had a Christmas theme tonight. It will be on again on Friday. I plan to watch that one. This is a great idea. Hopefully there will be something fun that I could do with my 2nd graders. Thanks for the idea. I'll add some after I see the show on Friday.
What channel is it on? and time?
Thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljepp View Post
Can you share these? I'm helping with a party each time and would love to get started on it.
You could totally adapt my Halloween ideas for other Holidays!

For the Halloween party I had 6 stations (30 kids-3rd graders) I wanted smaller groups. I had Halloween music playing and the stations were about 10 min each. (could go shorter or longer.)
#1) Halloween Twister: taped Halloween pictures (printed on my printer) to the twister mat and label the spinner accordingly. Prizes given.
#2) Sticky eyeball darts: drew a dart board on the white board and they threw the sticky eyeballs. Prizes given
#3)Bobbing for donuts: stick with string attached. Attach donut and the kids hands behind back, try to get the donut off. Gave drinks after getting donut off.
#4)Slime: I made the slime ahead of time and they just played with it at the station. Loved it!
#5)Face painting: painted kids faces with Halloween stuff (spider, ghost, pumpkin, scars, ect.) with tole paint.
#6)Brain surgery: cooked noodles and put in Halloween gross stuff like eyeballs, worms, ect. Kids blindfolded, dig through and try to find as many things to pull out in 1min. Prizes given.

So there you have it. Simple, but fun! All the adults were writting everything down for other parties. LOL!

HTH. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, Valentines will be one of the following:
*playing in the snow with hot cocoa, hot dogs and smores on the BBQ (this is if there is any snow at that time-LOL!)
*Pizza, drinks, giving Valentines out and 3 stations. 1)TP makin' snowman contest, relay race with spoons and marshmellows(or cottonballs), relay where they have to dress in a ton of winter gear and then open a chocolate candy eat it undress and run back.
*Cocoa bar, Valentines passed, and IDK...still working on this one.

Now if someone could just come up with a WONDERFUL idea for me for the Christmas party. *nudge, nudge*
Not sure if I want to do groups or not. Something easy, inexpensive and that they will talk about for awhile. Something cool...
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplejenn View Post
What channel is it on? and time?
Thanks!
I caught the last 1/2 hour last night. So, Tuesday at 7 pm on Channel 5.

Two ideas I saw:
Cliff Hanger
A christmas card is standing up in the center of the table (crease towards the ceiling). Blow it to the edge so that it is 1/2 on and 1/2 off the table without making it drop to the floor. There were 7 or so cards or attempts they could make.

Raise Your Glass
Balance 4 martini glasses alternated with 4 christmas ball ornaments in each glass up 4 levels high. Hope that made sense. it is hard to describe these well.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Master Penny Pincher

It will be on again on Friday the 10th at 7:00 on NBC.