Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 07-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Penny Pincher

Default sports party

My son wants to have a "sports" party for his 6th birthday. Any ideas? I'm thinking of having a concessions stand with hot dogs, nachos, and popcorn. That's as far as I've gotten! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I would think this would be one of the easiest parties yet - 'cause all you have to do is play sports!

Depending on how many kids you invite, you could have a quick soccer game if you have enough for two teams. Or, make a game out of kicking goals.

Baseball, same thing... two teams. How far ahead are you planning? If it's still summer, play baseball using wading pools as bases. Are parents going to be hanging out too? Two teams - kids vs. parents. 4 innings, to make it shorter... or if it's a disaster, shorten it to 2.

Basketball - doesn't need to be the real game... you could use hula hoops as the hoops and nerf balls - I'm sure you can make up some kind of silly game.

Football -- throw the football through a hula hoop.

How organized do you want it to be? You could have lots of sports equipment available and just let the kids play.

Ooh... relay races (although these can result in hurt feelings at age 6), or just obstacle courses... dribble the basket ball down a path, kick the soccer ball around certain cones, croquet or mini golf can be fun too!

Badminton and Ping Pong are good options. Maybe you can borrow equipment from a friend. They probably won't be good at it, but they usually have a good time attempting it!

You've got a great theme - let your imagination run wild!

Read about , our 2 , our baby and our , at Sunny-Daze
Old 07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Dollar Tree has some great sports theme decorations, too.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

You can have football theme party or baseball theme party.For my son's birthday we had football theme party. We had small football game in our backyard. after that my son cut football shaped cake. had few more party games.We also had football shaped pinata.