Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

I could make that for you but I am not in Weber county and it ould have to be NEXT SAturday not this Saturday...I could at least make the topper for you

handmade toppers are $30 you can check out some of my work here
https://www.facebook.com/misty.rowan/photos_albums

"Don't you wanna trade your little tiny dimes for this big shiny penny?" D.W.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
I could make that for you but I am not in Weber county and it ould have to be NEXT SAturday not this Saturday...I could at least make the topper for you

handmade toppers are $30 you can check out some of my work here
https://www.facebook.com/misty.rowan/photos_albums
Those are amazing!! I wish I had realized how long it takes to do these things and had started trying to line this up earlier The idea of having someone just do the topper would work great. I never even considered that. Since you are currently booked, you wouldn't know of anyone else who might be free to do the topper for this Sat. by chance?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Do you have any Gummibar figurines or toys you could put on the top of the cake? Or even if you get a party hat and put that on the top with some balloons coming out of it? Not sure if that would be something you'd like but it'd be inexpensive. If you had the cake decorated with stars all over it you really could put anything in the middle to bring the Gummibar theme in. Or even a large colorful star and print out an image of Gummibar cut it out and glue it on.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass View Post
Do you have any Gummibar figurines or toys you could put on the top of the cake? Or even if you get a party hat and put that on the top with some balloons coming out of it? Not sure if that would be something you'd like but it'd be inexpensive. If you had the cake decorated with stars all over it you really could put anything in the middle to bring the Gummibar theme in. Or even a large colorful star and print out an image of Gummibar cut it out and glue it on.
That is one of the main problems. They don't have any gummibar figurines that would fit on a cake. I like the large star idea though. I will start looking into that. Would I just use a wooden one?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4crazyboyz View Post
That is one of the main problems. They don't have any gummibar figurines that would fit on a cake. I like the large star idea though. I will start looking into that. Would I just use a wooden one?
I was thinking more of a cardboard star, something like this but I'm sure they have them at party supply stores. http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Star-12-C.../dp/B007PRNBUW

You could prop it up on the cake or even use a dowel to stick it in the cake. Kind of like this but a bigger star.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass View Post
I was thinking more of a cardboard star, something like this but I'm sure they have them at party supply stores. http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Star-12-C.../dp/B007PRNBUW

You could prop it up on the cake or even use a dowel to stick it in the cake. Kind of like this but a bigger star.
Thank you!!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Even though I can decorate cakes, they are so time consuming that I really don't like doing it. I make cupcakes instead and put them in my Wilton cupcake stand. Then I print off small images of characters, punch them out, and glue them to a toothpick and stick them in the cupcakes. It's really cute and super easy! This is the stand I have, and my picks end up similar to these, except I like to glue the toothpick to the back using hot glue.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

You could even print a picture, laminate it and lay it on top of a bakery cake that just had the edges decorated in the right colors...
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Those are both wonderful ideas and options, especially for the crafty impaired. Thank you both!