Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Hobbies > Party and Event planning

Old 12-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Penny Pincher

Default White Elephant Help

My husband has an office party this weekend. We are suppose to bring a white elephant gift for no more that $15. I have looked for some ideas but am coming up empty handed. Does anybody have any ideas that are fun gag gifts. If anybody that has a perfect white elephant, I would love to buy it from you. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Mikki

Old 12-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Penny Pincher

Default I have an idea

I am not sure if my parents would be willing to sell it or not, but they have had in my old bedroom for years- the best white elephant gift that I have heard of for a long time.

I am guessing that you could still find one of these around town somewhere-
it is a plastic toilet seat. A Christmas one! It is actually Looney Toons, one with the Tasmanian devil and another character on it. It is sort of cute- but mostly if someone was given this as a gift- it would be totally hilarious.

Hope that you are able to find something.

These may be other ideas?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=37637&rd=1
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=37637&rd=1
Old 12-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Toilet humor is always really funny at these sort of things. What if you made a portable toilet? a 5 gallon bucket, a small box of trash bags, and a toilet seat to sit on top of the bucket? LOL Oh, and don't forget the toilet paper.
Or how about a weight loss book (you can probably get one for super cheap at DI or something) with a whole huge bag of candy.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Penny Pincher

you have an pm.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

We had our white elephant party today. Here are a few of the gifts:
1. Shotgun shell box with empty shells that have unwrapped smarties sticking up out of them.
2. Poops game. It is a toilet seat hoop that hangs from the bathroom door and comes with a ball. Sponsored by NPA (National Poop Association) I got this one and can't wait to give it to my basketball-playing boys.
3. Box with a can of chili, anti-gas med., air freshner and (can't remember).
4. Old painting.
5. Old wind chimes.
6. Unfinished craft project.
7. Old ties.
We have a few that keep rotating from year to year. HTH
Old 12-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Y'all are so hilarious! Our WE has to be less than $5 . . . kind of stumps our creativity financially. Although, how about a box of generic imodium-type meds + one of those 1/2 lb chocolate bars that are on sale 10/$10 @ Albies. I think that's along the same lines as JWilde's chili idea, as far as potty humor goes, lol
Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 PM

I reccomend a John Wayne movie, this isn't exactly a White Elephant, but it was the hottest item at our party last year.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 PM

I have a white elephant that is all packaged up and ready to go. It is a "Bathroom Survival Kit: It has a picture on the front of a toilet with a guy peeking out of the toilet hole. It contains the following:

wipes
Glad air spray
Matches
toilet paper
hemorroid cream
Potty games (notebook in the shape of a toilet seat with games to do while your taking care of business.)
pencil

It was a hit at my Christmas party last year. I will sell it for 10.00. I live in Sandy. PM me if you are interested.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

We just did my DH's family's white elephant exchange. This year for our two gifts we brought a Time of the Month pack with plenty of pads and tampons and of course, chocolate!

For our other gift, I went to Walmart and found the largest bra I could possibly find on the clearance rack. It cost us $5.00. The best part was that my DH's cousin who is I think 16, and a boy, is the one who opened the gift. Everyone was roaring with laughter!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Junior Penny Pincher

Default Joann's fabric

I just bought the funniest night light on clearance for $2.99 at JoAnn's Fabric. It is shaped as a bustiare, old fashioned bra type shape in a variety of fabric colors. They also have lights shaped as purses. It was a great white elephant, just like the leg lamp.