Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Washington's Screaming Deals > Fun stuff/Off topic/Help

Old 01-08-2009, 09:54 PM

Default I hope everyone is staying dry!

With all the flooding around I hope everyone is safe! I was suprised to have several roads closed over here due to the flooding!

Stay safe and dry!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

We have two leaks in our house and the pond next door is about to take out our driveway, but other than that we are ok. We can't get anywhere with all the roads closed, so I can't get back to Target ... booo
Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Looks like everything is going down around here. I drove around and took pictures yesterday. I feel so bad for people whose houses ended up being flooded. Our one field got flooded. There were more than a couple of driveways that were under a couple of feet of water even though the houses were okay. I wish I had those peoples phone number to see if they needed anything. We have a small fishing boat we could have brought stuff out to them with.

Tuesday night dh and I were driving home and the raindrops were HUGE. If it would not have been 50 degrees you would have thought they were giant snowflakes.

I will try and post a few pictures I took in our local area.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaWolf
We have two leaks in our house and the pond next door is about to take out our driveway, but other than that we are ok. We can't get anywhere with all the roads closed, so I can't get back to Target ... booo

What do you need at Target?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrijoy4
Looks like everything is going down around here. I drove around and took pictures yesterday. I feel so bad for people whose houses ended up being flooded. Our one field got flooded. There were more than a couple of driveways that were under a couple of feet of water even though the houses were okay. I wish I had those peoples phone number to see if they needed anything. We have a small fishing boat we could have brought stuff out to them with.

Tuesday night dh and I were driving home and the raindrops were HUGE. If it would not have been 50 degrees you would have thought they were giant snowflakes.

I will try and post a few pictures I took in our local area.
I can't believe how many fields have turned into lakes!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Here is a video clip of what the area around where we live looks like right now. Most of the city is on higher ground, but I feel so sorry for the families who's homes and farms are down near the river.

http://www.king5.com/video/index.html?nvid=319825

All roads in and out of town are under water. I will remember to be more specific the next time I wish to visit an island... I meant a TROPICAL one!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengmama
What do you need at Target?
I was there on Tuesday for some of their 90% clearance and there was an item, a portable Audio player for MP3 Players and IPods originally priced at $10 and was now $1.00. I picked one up and figured out that I could use 2 more in the house and for a gift for next year. They had about 25 when I was there on Monday but because of the flooding I Couldn't get back till today. I knew they would all be gone ... but I had to try.