Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Washington's Screaming Deals > Fun stuff/Off topic/Help

Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Need furniture recommendations

We need to find new furniture for our new house. Does anybody have any suggestions for great places in King County?
I need a deep freezer, rugs, tables, beds, couches, and some excercise equipment.

Thanks ladies...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Penny Pincher

Smile

Have you been to Ikea in Renton? I think they have great prices on furniture. We bought a really huge, comfy couch and 2 huge armchairs for about $2000 and we LOVE them. We also got a super cute daybed that pulls out into a queen size bed for when we have guests for about $400. You have to assemble the furniture but we think it is worth it. I think it is definitely a great place to check out, if you haven't yet!

P.S. While you are there you should definitely try the meatballs at the cafe--they are sooo yummy!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 AM

Do the couches from Ikea hold up well? m
Old 02-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Try the Old Cannery in Sumner. It is a huge building stocked with all types of furniture at reasonable prices. They also have an order desk if you want something custom ordered. They have everything from kitchen, couches, bedroom furniture and more.

Another place to try is Sansaco (spell?) It is in Tukwila. They carry lots of furniture for a reasonable price. I think this is a the address 5950 S 180th St
Tukwila, WA 98188
(206) 575-0811

I will think and post more when they come to mind.

Lorri
Old 02-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengmama
Do the couches from Ikea hold up well? m
We just bought our couches from Ikea in November so I can't really say how well they hold up in the long run, but so far so good! We only have a 17-month old, so no kids jumping around on them, but my husband is 6'7" and over 300 lbs (he used to be a football player) and they have held up well to him so far. You have to buy slipcovers for them, which I like because they are easily washed. Good luck with all your shopping!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

Just an FYI - the Old Cannery has beautiful stuff but its expensive. There wont be any bargains there. Here is their site so you can take a look before you drive.

http://www.oldcanneryfurniture.com/

Its not in King County, its in North Pierce County.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Just an FYI - the Old Cannery has beautiful stuff but its expensive
Goes to show the last time I bought furniture there. It use to be reasonable priced. Thanks Mochawolf for saving me a trip. I was going to run down there looking for some chairs. They do have a scratch and dent in the back if that helps.

One other place you might look (I have been watching the site) is overstock.com They seem to have a nice selection and shipping is only 2.95 per item. A fair amount of the items have customer reviews on them too.

Also a week or so ago The Bon/Maceys was having their furniture clearance sale. It was located right across from their furniture store in Tukwila. I think it is in the old Levitz building (just east of Maceys furniture store). That is were the liquid their store inventory. There is a lot of one of a kinds, scratched or just stuff that didn't sale. I have never ended up buying from their but who knows if you might find a one of a kind bargain.

Good Luck!
Lorri
Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrijoy4
Goes to show the last time I bought furniture there. It use to be reasonable priced. Thanks Mochawolf for saving me a trip. I was going to run down there looking for some chairs. They do have a scratch and dent in the back if that helps.
I suppose I should say that one man's expensive may not be anothers. Its expensive to me, but the wood is real real wood, not plaster pressed stuff, and it holds up incredibly well. But its still expensive to me. I think the entertainment center that my parents bought there was nearly $700.00 or more. And I know my eyebrows always went way up when I was looking there, but then ... I don't usually shop for furniture, so I have no idea what a good price is.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:07 PM

I bought 6 carts of things there this week! My house looks like one of their showrooms! I was very impressed with the quality of the things that I bought. I stayed under budget too, thats the best part!