Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Arizona's Screaming Deals

Old 04-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Someone stealing my papers?

The last few weeks, I've either been shorted 3 of my 6 Sunday papers, or someone is walking off with them.

When I call to report the shortage, they only bring out one paper, so I'm still short 2.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Master Penny Pincher

:-) We had this problem when we first moved into our house.... It was the neighborhood dogs. They would steal our paper right out of our box. Probably not what is happening to your paper but I thought I would make you smile! My husband soaked some newspaper in Tobasco sauce put it back in the box and it cured the problem.

I'm sorry your not getting your papers and then to have the newspaper company only bring you one in return would be even more frustrating!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Penny Pincher

2 weeks ago I was only brought one paper. When they came to re-deliver, (luckily I was home) they were only going to give me 1 but I told them I was short 2.

Then with my Tuesday paper they delivered 2 more Sunday papers which had extra inserts in each one.

Very strange...not a problem since. Hope you get your problem fixed
Old 04-25-2010, 03:59 PM

They may not be delivering the right number of papers. Keep telling them how many their shorting you, even keep track on your calendar if it is a consistent problem.

We had one or two of our 3 papers missing on quite a few occasions. One of my neighbors commented that they were just leaving all the extra papers in front of our corner house, and she was getting rid of them for us. Very thoughtful of her. I just let her know that I was paying for 3 papers for the coupons. It was a pretty good laugh for both of us. Now we try to get the papers early, and we've been getting them all more consistently now.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma
They may not be delivering the right number of papers. Keep telling them how many their shorting you, even keep track on your calendar if it is a consistent problem.

We had one or two of our 3 papers missing on quite a few occasions. One of my neighbors commented that they were just leaving all the extra papers in front of our corner house, and she was getting rid of them for us. Very thoughtful of her. I just let her know that I was paying for 3 papers for the coupons. It was a pretty good laugh for both of us. Now we try to get the papers early, and we've been getting them all more consistently now.
Ha ha! That's to classic!
I have a billion typos, and it's because I'm almost always typing while breastfeeding a baby or having a large and unrelenting boy crawl around my lap and poke at the screen asking what the smilies mean. I've given up trying to type well.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 PM

Default I caught the teenager next door taking mine

one day. The look on his face when he knew he was caught was priceless. Darn Juvenile delinquents, LOL First it's your neighbors papers then what?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkataluvR
one day. The look on his face when he knew he was caught was priceless. Darn Juvenile delinquents, LOL First it's your neighbors papers then what?
That's funny! Did he tell you why he did it?
I have a billion typos, and it's because I'm almost always typing while breastfeeding a baby or having a large and unrelenting boy crawl around my lap and poke at the screen asking what the smilies mean. I've given up trying to type well.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 AM

Well, we called twice yesterday, and they didn't even come out with ONE paper, let alone 3. Very discouraging. The person taking the "missing papers" calls was pretty rude too.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:44 PM

Default He tried to explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggs
That's funny! Did he tell you why he did it?

that the paper was on the sidewalk and he was just putting it back in driveway but when hubby left in the morning it was in driveway. Kids!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM

Two days later, the rest of my papers got delivered this morning. Better late than never. Going to try and get up early to see what is happening next Sunday.