Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Wyoming's Screaming Deals

Old 01-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Smile Welcome to the Wyoming Forum!!

Hey there! Glad to see so many new "faces" in the Wyo forum. For those of you who don't know me, I am the moderator for this forum. While I don't know a lot.....I will pass along some info that may help you save a little money.

First, the major paper is Wyo. in the Casper Tribune. I think it should be available in most towns. On Sunday, there are usually coupon inserts in there. The trouble is that since it is a smaller paper, the inserts are the thin versions. That means there aren't a lot of coupons in it. Sometimes, though, the coupons that ARE in it are of a higher value than the ones in the thicker insert version.

I live right outside of Lyman, which is in the SW corner of the state, so I'm actually closer to Utah. For that reason, the Salt Lake Tribune is readily available here. It has the larger coupon insert versions, so you get a lot more for your money. For those of you in Sweetwater, Lincoln and Uinta Counties, I believe the SL Trib should be available. I'm not sure about the rest of the state, although I wouldn't be surprised if you can also get it.

The coupons from the internet are a great way to save money. There are lots of lists at PYP that show the current ones. In our part of the state, they are readily accepted. We don't have a lot of shopping options, though. In the valley where I live, we have one, little Associated Food store. You can imagine the prices since there is no competition. At least they do accept all coupons. 45 miles away, in Evanston, there is a Smith's, another Associated Food store and Walmart. All of them accept internet coupons.

I have also found another good source for coupons. The magazine "ALL YOU" is great! The coupons are usuallly of a higher value than the ones in the papers, and there is always a good assortment. (The magazine itself is also great)

You may want to check out the "PENNY EXPRESS" forum here at PYP. I am also the moderator of that forum. In it, you can join a "train" and reap the coupon benefits. The premise is easy..... there are several "riders" who share their coupons. One person starts it by putting in all the coupons they don't need. They send it on to the next person on the list, who removes what he/she can use, and adds what he/she doesn't need. Then she mails it to the next person, and so on... The Penny Express

As I'm sure you have all found, the hardest part about shopping in Wyoming is that there aren't a lot of choices in stores. Those of you in the larger towns have a few more options, but it's still a challenge.

I can only suggest that you get your hands on every coupon you can, and then match them to the store's circular each week. If you have the space, stock-piling your sale items will save you the most money. I would always rather "shop" from my stock-piles than have to run to the store for an item and then pay full price for it.

I hope you will all spend some time here in the Wyoming forum and get some dialogue going. As you can see, we haven't had a lot of activity here. With all the newcomers to the state, I hope that will change.

I do suggest that if any of you plan to be in contact with each other, you do not post your personal info here (such as email addresses, etc.). You can use the personal message system within PYP very safely without risking your privacy.

Glad to see you here!

Kathy
Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Penny Pincher

Thanks for the post, I am glad someone is alive in Wyoming. I didn't know about the coupon chains. I think that is a great idea. How do you get on a chain. I went to the forum, but it seemed they were all full.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:09 PM

I was going to suggest that you start a thread in the train forum stating that you want to join or start a train. I was just over there, though, and it looks like you've already done that. You're on the right track. (oops! no pun intended! haha!)

I would suggest that you read the coupon train guildlines for some tips on how to get the most out of your train. It is one of the sticky posts at the top of the train forum.

Good luck and I hope you have lots of fun with it. It's a great way to get great coupons.

Kathy
Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Penny Pincher

I haven't gotten on a train yet. Nobody seems to want to trade with someone in Wyoming. If you ever start a new train will you include me?

Thanks!!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Watch in the new posts for someone starting a new train. I see @ 1 every other week or so. I will say either starting a new train or need another rider. Than pm that person and you should be good to go. If there is still room on that train they will pm you for your mailing address info and you are set....
Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

There is a new train starting up. Search for this....

Starting a new train ..Is Moonlight Express (Name) taken??

You should be able to find the posts from searching that. Than pm the 1st poster that you are interested.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Talking Cheyenne Area

HI
I just wanted to put in a little more info for Wyo.
If you are in the Cheyenne area, shopping options are a lot better than options in this forums original post. There are also a few more news paper options as well.

You can get the Casper Star Tribune paper as stated, also there is the Cheyenne Tribune Eagle (has about the same inserts as the Casper Star), and the big one here is the Denver Post (fairly large amount of inserts!)
Usually all three of these papers can be found at any Exxon gas station.

As for store options, right in Cheyenne there is a Wal*Mart, 2 Albertsons, Target, Kmart, Safeway, and King Soopers. (Those are all the ones I can think of from the top of my head).

Now, King Soopers and Safeway BOTH will double any manufacture's coupon up to a dollar (example: coupon for .50 will be matched at .50 and a .75 will be matched at .25) But you must have a Loyalty card which can be obtained at the customer service desk.
Also with your loyalty card you can earn a discount on gas at the stores own pumps. King Soopers will give you 10 cents off per gallon when you purchase $100 at the store. You can also earn points by purchasing prescriptions there but I am not sure of the gas pump rewards.
Now, Safeway (and I just learned this myself) will give you 10 cents off per gallon per 100 dollars you spend. I have not tested this myself yet but it sound like a much better deal than King Soopers' pump rewards as they will not give you more than 10 cents off per gallon.

Also with your Safeway and King Soopers Loyalty cards you can load electronic coupons directly onto them. I have only found 3 websites that will do this: www.cellfire.com, www.pgesaver.com, and www.shortcuts.com.
for the most part you may find the same coupons on each site, usually more on shortcuts.com. These coupons, as far as I know, will not double with each other. Meaning you can't use all three Charmin coupons from each of the sites, only one will come off at the register. And these coupons will not be doubled. HOWEVER you can still use a paper manufacture's coupon with these loaded coupons and if they are under $1.00 will still be matched up to a dollar.

I hope this helps anyone near Cheyenne.

Stevie
Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

We just moved to Manila, Utah and we do most of our shopping in Wyoming. I will post new stuff if I find any deals.