Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Making CENTS of life! > Pennies Per Serving.... > The Recipe Box

Old 11-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Premier Cherry Pickin Mod

Default Candy Shop ~ recipes for gift basket goodies

post your favorite snack food or candy recipes

Candied Popcorn recipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeyh1

Toffee Popcorn
3 quarts popped corn (about 1 1/2 bags of natural microwave popcorn)
1 1/3 cups raw pecan halves
2/3 cup raw almonds
˝ cup light corn syrup
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup real butter
˝ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups mini marshmallows, frozen

Stick marshmallows in the freezer. Mix popcorn, pecans, and almonds in large bowl or pan (I usually try to make sure the nuts are spread out over the top of the popcorn so they stick in better). In saucepan, combine corn syrup, sugar, butter and cream of tartar. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil for 10 minutes (this is an old fashioned recipe so it doesn’t have a temperature for a candy thermometer but you want it to the hard ball stage, just when the mixture turns amber in color its done). Add vanilla and baking soda (stir quickly off heat). Pour over popcorn and nuts stirring to coat evenly (once again mix quickly, it hardens fast). Add frozen marshmallows (after the mixture has cooled a little so it doesn’t melt the marshmallows but it still needs to be warm enough to stick to them). Spread on buttered cookie sheets to cool (I usually don’t butter mine and it doesn’t stick). When fully cooled, break into chunks, and store in an airtight container (I hope these little notes help, good luck).

Fudge recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24boys

Million dollar fudge:
1 pint heavy whipping cream
4 cups sugar
2 cubes butter
3 7 oz candy bars (I use symphany bars)

mix cream and sugar in LARGE pan. cover until boils. Cook to softball stage. Remove from heat; cut in butter. Break up candy bar and mix in until smooth. pour into 9x13 pan cool in fridge.
ENJOY!