Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals

Old 09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

Default FREE entrance to Disneyland in 2010 ~ for a day of volunteer work

HandsOn
How to participate: link

Disney is offering a free day's admission to 1 million guests who complete a day of volunteer work next year.
News Release

The "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" program will provide certified volunteers with a one-day ticket to any park at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., or Walt Disney World near Orlando, Fla., in 2010.

Disney is partnering with HandsOn Network, a clearinghouse for volunteer opportunities, to connect people with projects and to certify that the work was done.

Would-be volunteers must register online with Disney and must be residents of the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico to be eligible for the free admission. The work must be performed in 2010, and the park visit must take place by Dec. 15, 2010. Participants must be 18 or older to sign up for the program, but volunteer work done by children ages 6-17 qualifies for a free ticket as long as kids are accompanied by an adult when volunteering. Unused admission certificates can be donated to a charity designated by Disney.

Examples of volunteer opportunities currently listed on HandsOn's Web site range from drivers and bingo callers to a book drive organizer at a senior center in Scranton, Pa., to a docent at the Oregon Maritime Museum in Portland.

Volunteers who have multiday tickets or annual passes can get a special FASTPASS for up to six people in lieu of the voucher.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
......Participants must be 18 or older to sign up for the program, but volunteer work done by children ages 6-17 qualifies for a free ticket as long as kids are accompanied by an adult when volunteering. Unused admission certificates can be donated to a charity designated by Disney...
It sounds like you could potentially get a ticket for the whole family.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Professional Penny Pincher

Has anyone sucessfully signed up for this? I signed up for a specific volunteer event but I wasn't able to register on the Disney site. You have to do both right?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsher
Has anyone sucessfully signed up for this? I signed up for a specific volunteer event but I wasn't able to register on the Disney site. You have to do both right?
There has been a strong response to our "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program, causing periodic slowdowns in the network. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to add capacity. In the meantime, be assured that new volunteer opportunities are being added to the HandsOn Network daily, and we do not expect ...to hit the one million ticket milestone this weekend.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Penny Pincher

I tried yesterday morning at 6am and had no luck. You have to sign up at both sites and it kept kicking me out.

If anyone is successful, let us in on the secret.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

I'm curious how they handle multi-day passes. On their list of FAQs, they say that you can put your free day toward a multi-day pass, but how does it work out? Did anyone do that last year when they did the birthday passes? Also, does anyone know what prices are like at the gate compared to Get Away Today prices? Anyway... just wondering and hoping.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Penny Pincher

I thought it said if you had a season pass, you could get a fast pass instead.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I was successful. I clicked onto the link from the OP and entered my zip code. I got several options to choose from. I picked one of them (Linus Project where you can make a blanket from home (fleece is easiest) and donate it) and then clicked on expressing interest in it. I then received an e-mail from Disney about 4 hours later with a link back to their website to set up my account - register with our names and time we're volunteering. I also received a separate e-mail from the Linus Project telling me where to drop the blankets off and what their program requirements are. HTH!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 PM

I have a question on signing up for the Project Linus one where you make the blankets at home. It says that each member must make a blanket. So does that mean I sign up once for my whole family or group and each person makes a blanket and then each person gets a ticket? Also, since the blankets are made at home what do you put in for the time/ date to volunteer? I am having a hard time wrapping my tired brain around this tonight. If anyone knows would you please enlighten me? Thanks!!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlabug
I'm curious how they handle multi-day passes. On their list of FAQs, they say that you can put your free day toward a multi-day pass, but how does it work out? Did anyone do that last year when they did the birthday passes? Also, does anyone know what prices are like at the gate compared to Get Away Today prices? Anyway... just wondering and hoping.
They would apply the price of a one day ticket ($72/$62-I think) toward the gate price of the multi-day or annual pass you want.