Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Pinching Pennies until they Scream! > Screaming Deals Online > Deal Talk

Old 09-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters - 3-Pack of Hamsters only $34.99!! Preorder Ships 12/11/2009

Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters 3-pack of your cuddly, hamster friends. 2 AAA batteries included per hamster.

What are Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters? Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters are listed as one of the hottest toys this season on the Toy "R" Us 2009 Hot Holiday Toy List.

PYP Link

Item #: 468498

$34.99 (I compared elsewhere online at $84.89)

Check them out in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GOy1hHtbrk

Each Zhu Zhu Pets Hamster has its own unique personality and whimsical sounds! Loving mode: Pet them, love them, hear them squeak and chatter. Explore mode: Let them scoot, scamper, bump and boogie across the floor or through their Hamster Habitat. Collect the whole Hamster-riffic gang and all the Zhu Zhu Pets Hamster accessories to make a Humongous Hamster city!

There are four cute, cuddly Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters to love and collect. Chunk is the laid-back surfer hamster who is famous for chillin' out, hangin' back and layin' low. But when he gets a whiff of some slammin' surf, he's off and running! Don't spare the hugs for this rad rodent. He lives to feel the love. Pipsqueak may be sweet and small, but this petite powerhouse isn't afraid of anything. A daredevil with the curiosity of a dozen cats. She loves to play, explore, run and slide. Just give her some wiggle room and watch her do her stuff. Squiggles is the fussy and finicky hamster who's been there, done that, and lived to tell about it. Get out of his way! He's a hamster on a mission: Explore Galore, then explore some more! Love him, pet him , watch him go. Just don't call him cute. Numnums is a super fuzzy friend you can depend on for laughs and love. Her higly trained sniffer can detect a carrot from a mile away, so stand back and watch her scoot to find some munchies!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

This what my dd wants for her bday- so I have been looking. Most people are buying & reselling at huge mark-ups. I found them at Wal-Mart(looking everyday) for $8 each. But to really make them work you need all the extras: like tubes, wheel, ball, etc. At Wal-Mart retail on each piece is $10 - $20. You connect them together to make a trail to use. I guess you could just run them on a hard floor, too but probably not as fun. If you want to check them out go to zhuzhu pets website.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I see these every time I'm in WM here in Northern Utah. We have the entire set and they are very fun. We have just let one run around the floor for about 20 minutes and they are pretty funny to watch. They just wander around and if they run into stuff they try a couple times and turn around.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
PYP Deal Finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephp23
I see these every time I'm in WM here in Northern Utah. We have the entire set and they are very fun. We have just let one run around the floor for about 20 minutes and they are pretty funny to watch. They just wander around and if they run into stuff they try a couple times and turn around.
Which Walmart? I live in Logan and I've called around and they say they're oos. I'd love to know. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlarson
Which Walmart? I live in Logan and I've called around and they say they're oos. I'd love to know. Thanks!
I have found them a couple times a week at both Walmarts for the last month. We bought our first entire set about 4 weeks ago for my son's 10th bday. I have been checking them every time I go in for the last month because my sister has been considering purchasing them. Each time I call her and let her know they are there each time she says she'll think about it. LOL I just bought another set of all four hamsters, the car, the ball, the house, and the wheel, beds, and carriers for another family member last Thursday at North Logan. North Logan has more shelf space and carries more. I have noticed them on Thursdays, Fridays and Tuesdays.

I haven't been into Smith's Marketplace for about 2 weeks but when I was in there they had the tags on the shelves for them and said they were expecting their shipment soon but they do cost more there.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Wow! I have been looking for them at all of the Logan stores and can't find them. You are super lucky! Maybe I should give you my phone #!?!?!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin
Wow! I have been looking for them at all of the Logan stores and can't find them. You are super lucky! Maybe I should give you my phone #!?!?!
Or maybe I spend too much time at Walmart!!!

I have found the trick with finding toys at Walmart is to go in the morning too since they restock toys between midnight and about 4am.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Penny Pincher

so is this a good deal? i've never even heard of thes but i know my 4 year old would love them for christmas.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

Question

Anyone know the age these are intended for? Would they be fun for my 2.5 y.o?

I pre-ordered the 3 pack through Toys R Us because when I saw they were like $90 on Amazon for a 3 pack, I decided this is a smokin deal I have 3 nieces too who are older, so maybe for one of them?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnda10
Anyone know the age these are intended for? Would they be fun for my 2.5 y.o?

I pre-ordered the 3 pack through Toys R Us because when I saw they were like $90 on Amazon for a 3 pack, I decided this is a smokin deal I have 3 nieces too who are older, so maybe for one of them?
Well I had to cut one out of my 3 year olds hair the day before yesterday.

They are recommended for ages 3 and up. There is a big yellow sticker on the bottom warning about hair entanglement. Go figure my kid would get one stuck in her hair!

You guys do realize many of the sellers on Amazon charging $$$$$ are not Amazon themselves right? They are resellers, individuals, that find them at WM or where ever buy them up and mark them up online. Just like resellers on ebay. In fact many "Hot toy resellers" sell on both sites.