Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals > Utah off-topic/fun stuff/help!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Master Penny Pincher

We had Rosehill dairy for a couple years and LOVE LOVE LOVED them!!!
We stopped using them because the milk is in plastic #7 bottles.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmama
We've been getting Rosehill for about 8 years and we love it. The price of the milk is not at all out of line (in fact, a few years ago when milk prices skyrocketed, Rosehill did not raise their prices. Since they grow and process their own milk they weren't affected by the issues that made milk prices shoot up). I don't drink milk, but my hubby and kids LOVE the Rosehill milk.

One nice thing about Rosehill is that you can change your order up to 10:00 the night before delivery. You don't have to sign contracts or make commitments. It's a local, family business and we feel very good about supporting them.

This is a big part of why we are considering it! Supporting local, being sheltered from any of the milk price crazies, etc. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Moderator/Premier Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by minivanmafia
We had Rosehill dairy for a couple years and LOVE LOVE LOVED them!!!
We stopped using them because the milk is in plastic #7 bottles.

I will be honest that that is my ONLY pause right now. However, the pros may outweigh that...
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetmom
This is a big part of why we are considering it! Supporting local, being sheltered from any of the milk price crazies, etc. Thanks!
That's why I would love to buy from them. I love supporting local businesses.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Master Penny Pincher

I don't know if anyone is interested, but Johnny's dairy is now selling raw milk. By state law, they can't sell raw milk where they sell pasteurized so you have to go to the farm. It is $4 a gallon and this summer, they also would sell peppers, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and watermelon.

When I went Saturday, I was also able to buy a gallon of cream for $10. They are located in West Haven. You turn onto 1800 South and go about 2.5 miles west from whatever that main road is. In Layton, it is Main Street, but I know it makes several name changes as it heads north.

You do have to sign a release the first time you go. It is on the desk when you walk in. Everything is self serve. You just leave your money or check in a cash box, take your stuff and leave.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefine
I don't know if anyone is interested, but Johnny's dairy is now selling raw milk. By state law, they can't sell raw milk where they sell pasteurized so you have to go to the farm. It is $4 a gallon and this summer, they also would sell peppers, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and watermelon.

When I went Saturday, I was also able to buy a gallon of cream for $10. They are located in West Haven. You turn onto 1800 South and go about 2.5 miles west from whatever that main road is. In Layton, it is Main Street, but I know it makes several name changes as it heads north.

You do have to sign a release the first time you go. It is on the desk when you walk in. Everything is self serve. You just leave your money or check in a cash box, take your stuff and leave.
Oh thank you! I've been looking for raw milk that's not too far to drive to. I see a trip there tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Glad to help. I have been looking forever for a source and just happened to google again one day. My SIL was telling me when her brother was diagnosed with cancer, they wanted to get him on a whole food diet and tried to buy some raw milk. They only way they could get it was by buying it for pet feed.

You just go in the driveway past the house and then go to the first door on the left of the barn like building. You can just park right in front of the door area. They don't have hours since it is self serve. I went one time at 9:00 PM and everything was dark, but I just turned the light switch on, get my milk, paid and turned the light back off.

They don't always have the cream. I would say they have had it about 25% of the time when I have gone.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

We love Rosehill as well. They've always had great tasting milk and they are so convenient. We get a delivery twice a week.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Premier Penny Pincher

We get Rosehill and love it. I also love that you have until 10 pm the night before to change your order. I have gotten their milk and eggs before and been pleased. Their cheese is from cache valley. The eggs I order are organic brown ones. Their bread is from the same bakery as Bountiful Baskets. Oh, and the apple cider is to die for. It is only $4ish a gallon and it is pasteurized (I'm preggo so I worry about that one.. ). It comes from Santaquin (sp?).

We also had Winder for awhile. We were so pleased after switching to Rosehill. The quality of the milk is exceptional, we have never had a late delivery, and they don't require you to buy "their" cooler....
Old 10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Penny Pincher

we buy from Rosehill and love it! we used to buy from Winder and then we found out about Rosehill. Winder charges more, and they charge to deliver every week. Rosehill just has a low once-a-month delivery fee. you dont have to buy their cooler, they provide a milk box. Love it! Love it! Totally recommend it!