Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Pinching Pennies until they Scream! > Screaming Deals Online > Deal Talk

Old 04-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Default 2 Cases of Hammermill Paper for $11.22 after coupon code and rebate! (Expires 04/24)

You can get 2 cases of HammerMill® Copy Plus Copy Paper, 8 1/2" x 11" for $5.61 each. It might be slightly a little more if your state sales tax rate is higher than 6%.
  1. Go to Staples.com and click on "Order by Catalog Item #" near the top of the page.
  2. Enter 122374-QJ for item number and 2 for Qty.
  3. Add a filler item to get the total over $50. (Example: Staples cap erasers 12 pack .79 Item #771352, Staples® Tape Dispenser Replacement Core .29 Item #916215) All orders over $50 ship for free.
  4. At checkout, apply promo code 47617 to take $10 off.
  5. Go to stapleseasyrebates.com to submit the rebate. For Staple Rebates FAQs, click here.

Math:
Subtotal = $50.77
Coupon = -$10
Tax = $2.45
Total = $43.22
Rebate = -$32 (2 $16 Prepaid Visa cards)
Out-of-pocket total = $11.22
Old 04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Premier Penny Pincher/Moderator

Thanks! I'm totally on this!
I have a billion typos, and it's because I'm almost always typing while breastfeeding a baby or having a large and unrelenting boy crawl around my lap and poke at the screen asking what the smilies mean. I've given up trying to type well.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Master Penny Pincher

The reviews for this paper aren't bad either. See http://www.staples.com/HammerMill-Co...4#revs_content.

The Hammermill paper has a 99.99% Jam-Free Guarantee. The guarantee states: We guarantee you will not experience more than one jam in 10,000 sheets on high-speed digital equipment, or we’ll replace the paper or offer a refund up to the total purchase price. See http://www.internationalpaper.com/do...aper/CPPSt.pdf

If you do not want the prepaid VISA cards, then you can also opt for the standard rebate checks. Just make sure you see this option just prior to submitting the rebate. See https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/s...ction=FAQ#num6

If you buy this paper per ream (not box), it would be about $5-$6 each.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Master Penny Pincher

oops, missed the rebate check option... oh well...Did use a rewards check that I had on it too. Great deal and I think we also get $3.79 per case back into our rewards account, if I understood that right
Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Master Penny Pincher

You can sign up for Staples Rewards at https://www.staplesrewardscenter.com...gin/Login.aspx
Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hut00009
If you do not want the prepaid VISA cards, then you can also opt for the standard rebate checks. Just make sure you see this option just prior to submitting the rebate.
I have never done a rebate at staples...is the standard rebate check just a regular check I can cash at the bank or is it something I can only use at staples? Also, are there any benefits to getting a prepaid visa over the standard check?

Where do you change the reward type? I have looked everywhere and don't see an option.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Premier Penny Pincher

Great deal!!! Thanks. I am on my last case from the last great Staples paper sale.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Junior Penny Pincher

How did you get the price so low? WHen I tried, each case was $37.99 and my grand total before the rebates is $69.91, after rebates each case would be $18.95. What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurst
How did you get the price so low? WHen I tried, each case was $37.99 and my grand total before the rebates is $69.91, after rebates each case would be $18.95. What am I doing wrong?
How are you putting the paper into your cart? You have to follow the steps in the first post. If you try to add them to your cart from the description page then the price is higher for some reason.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcrzy
I...is the standard rebate check just a regular check I can cash at the bank or is it something I can only use at staples?
Where do you change the reward type? I have looked everywhere and don't see an option.
mine gave me the option at the very end, to see other rebate options. I chose the rebate check, it says it's a normal check that you can deposit at your bank.

Thanks for the GREAT rebate info, this is a screaming deal!