Home | Blog | Online Shopping Codes | Coupons 101 | Coupon Lists | Resources | Email Signup | Screaming Penny

Go Back   Pinching Your Pennies Forums > Screaming Grocery Deals by State > Utah's Screaming Deals

Old 05-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Professional Penny Pincher

Default Discovery Gateway Museum Membership Deal -- HOT!!

May 1st through May 31st you can get a 6 month membership to the Discovery Gateway Museum for a family of 4 for only $50.00. Here is the link for more information.

http://www.discoverygateway.org/memb...rship-packages

Mom to 2 princesses and a prince
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 PM

This the best deal I have found at the gateway museum, 1 year for $75 or less(depending on family size).

I live in St george and was stuck in Vegas (waiting for a flight) and went to the children's museum in Vegas, The Lied. The admission for the 4 of us would have been about $35 and a year long membership is $65-75 depnding on how many kids you have so I bought the year long membership. The best part is , it gives you free admission to the discovery gateway and the salt lake planetaruim for the year as well(including shows). So I get a year at all 3 museums for under $75. They were fine with me living in Utah and getting the membership in Vegas. I use it more in salt lake, because I have to come to salt lake for medical care (it is great that DH can go with the kids while I wait at the dr).
I think the only rule is the address you put on the primary membership in vegas must be 50 miles away from salt lake. Mine was in st george so I was fine, but they did not check any proof at either place.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Master Penny Pincher

That is nice they allowed you to do that. I bought a Virginia membership one year and Salt Lake wouldn't allow me to use it. They said if you lived within 90 miles of the museum, you couldn't use other memberships. They asked for ID.

You can risk it but I would call and verify first.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ams
May 1st through May 31st you can get a 6 month membership to the Discovery Gateway Museum for a family of 4 for only $50.00. Here is the link for more information.

http://www.discoverygateway.org/memb...rship-packages
Thanks for sharing! We've been there once - and my daughter loved it - but at $8.50 per person it made it a pricey outing for us. This is a great deal! Thanks!

Proud to be an EOD Wife.
Mommy to one minecraft obsessor, a goofy little dance , and a crazy little baby
and missing 3 angels
Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Master Penny Pincher

NM....I failed to look at the link before I posted...answered my own question.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Penny Pincher

Clark Planetarium is NOT included so do not assume you can buy this membership and go to both.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:31 PM

You can also split this with someone else. It allows you to put two 'cardholders' on it. You would never be able to go with the other cardholder with each of you getting in 3 other people at the same time, but still totally worth it to me.
I'm doing it with my friend. We each pay $25 for a 6 month membership. Makes it even better!!
(I'm trying to read over this and figure out a better way to word it, but I can't. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.)
Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezroute
You can also split this with someone else. It allows you to put two 'cardholders' on it. You would never be able to go with the other cardholder with each of you getting in 3 other people at the same time, but still totally worth it to me.
I'm doing it with my friend. We each pay $25 for a 6 month membership. Makes it even better!!
(I'm trying to read over this and figure out a better way to word it, but I can't. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.)

That is a good idea. Except I got my friends to get one too so we could go together.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Master Penny Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspoons
This the best deal I have found at the gateway museum, 1 year for $75 or less(depending on family size).

I live in St george and was stuck in Vegas (waiting for a flight) and went to the children's museum in Vegas, The Lied. The admission for the 4 of us would have been about $35 and a year long membership is $65-75 depnding on how many kids you have so I bought the year long membership. The best part is , it gives you free admission to the discovery gateway and the salt lake planetaruim for the year as well(including shows). So I get a year at all 3 museums for under $75. They were fine with me living in Utah and getting the membership in Vegas. I use it more in salt lake, because I have to come to salt lake for medical care (it is great that DH can go with the kids while I wait at the dr).
I think the only rule is the address you put on the primary membership in vegas must be 50 miles away from salt lake. Mine was in st george so I was fine, but they did not check any proof at either place.
is there a deal like this for someone who lives in ID? we live here but visit UT all the time (will be there for 5 weeks in the summerand more here and there) but will still officially live here in ID- any deals better than this? still at $8x4 people--this membership pays for itself after 2x's right?!!