Here are a couple new coupons you might be interested in this morning…
SmartSound Sound Amplifying Case with Kickstand for iPhone 5/5S $4.99
$12 MONOGRAM Lunch Bag with FREE SHIPPING
The Flash Muscle Chest Kids Costume
Today Only $9.24
Just in case you missed this article on DIY garage mudroom on a budget the first time we shared it a couple of years ago, we are republishing it. After Marne wrote this blog originally, we got an awesome response. This is one of the PYP Best Blogs!
I have been looking at mudroom ideas online for months. The idea of making a garage mudroom is not a new one, but I needed to really tweak all these ideas I was finding. Simply because we have hardly any space. We have a 2-car garage and are pretty cramped. But I KNEW I could do it, and we did! My only regret was that I forgot to take before pictures! We were too anxious to get it done before we left for Thanksgiving. This post is proof that you don’t have to spend much money to have a functional and organized mudroom! Here is what we did.
1. I originally wanted cubbies, but when I looked at the space we had, I realized that wasn’t possible. So we just did hooks. We already had the 4-hook one on the left, then I bought 3 hooks for the right side.
2. I bought a black bin for each child ($7 at Walmart in the office supply section) to put their shoes in.
3. My hubby build two benches for each side with wood scraps already in the garage.
4. We put two shelves up high (that we already had, just stored away) for hubby’s shoes. He can reach them!
5. We moved around & cut some carpet scraps we had to make them fit perfectly around the area.
6. The original shoe shelf on the left still hold my shoes and hubby’s. As you can see, I gathered up 4 clear bins in my house I wasn’t using and made them homes for the kids’ winter gloves, hats, and scarfs. Then I used 3 small baskets I already had to store duct tape, shoe shine/shoe brush, and electrical cords that we always use.
We spent a grand total of $35.45 on this garage mudroom! I know it isn’t the fanciest, but if you saw the mess before (shoes EVERYWHERE, and coats all over the house & not enough room for them) you would be so impressed! I love that is is so functional for our family. I was proud of myself for trying hard to use what we already had instead of spending more money.
We are still planning on doing the following things:
1. Putting 4-5 more hooks on the left side above the girls’ hooks for all hats we have. That will also be a big help for us.
2. Putting a wire shelf (that we already have) on top of the white shoes racks to make one more level for the winter boots.
So what do you think? Have you done a garage mudroom for your family?