Smiths is introducing some big and exciting changes to their Rewards Cards!
1.Â The rewards program is expanding to ALL Smiths locations!! (Utah, Idaho, Nevada and New Mexico!!)
2.Â The new program offers customers bigger fuel rewards, with savings up to $1.00 per gallon!
~ For every 100 rewards points Customers earn, theyâll save 10Â¢ a gallon at Smithâs Fuel Centers or participating Shell locations.
~ As their points add up, Customers can save 20Â¢, 30Â¢, 40Â¢â¦up to $1 a gallon. (Maximum 35 gallons per vehicle per purchase)
3.Â Customers get a rewards point for every dollar they spend at Smithâs!!
4.Â Your Fuel Rewards never expire!!
5.Â You choose whether to get your rewards as a Gold Envelope every quarter OR get Fuel Rewards
~The new fuel program brings enhancements to Smithâs rewards card program. Customers now choose whether to âcash inâ their rewards points and save at the pump today, or hold onto rewards points and save later through their personalized gold envelope rewards mailing at the end of each quarter.
6.Â You can now use your fuel rewards at a Smithâs Fuel Center or a participating Shell location (In Utah and North Eastern Nevada) !! More info HERE
7.Â Get 200 extra points by using a rewards cards for ANY single purchase made from 4/13 to 4/19!!
**NOTE: Make sure your address is current on your Rewards card! You can update your personal information and check Reward Points totals HERE
GET MONEY BACK OR SAVE ON FUEL:
â¢ You get the same in-store savings plus 1 rewards point for every $1 you spend atÂ Smithâs.*
* Excludes fuel and enterprise gift cards.
â¢ Get a $5 rewards certificate for every 500 points earned.
â¢ For each additional 100 rewards points, earn another $1.
â¢ Rewards certificates are just like cash at Smithâs.
â¢ Rewards certificates are mailed in February, May, August and November. Look for the GOLD envelope!
~~Fuel Discounts at Smithâs Fuel Centers:
â¢ For every 100 rewards points Customers earn, theyâll save 10Â¢ a gallon at Smithâs Fuel Centers or participating Shell locations.
â¢ As their points add up, Customers can save 20Â¢, 30Â¢, 40Â¢â¦up to $1 a gallon.
â¢ Customers simply use their rewards card at any Smithâs fuel center or participating Shell locations to redeem their discount.
â¢ Every purchase counts within the rewards cycle. rewards cycles follow the calendar quarter:
January â March, April â June, July â September and October â December.
Detail rewards Program Information
â¢ Customers can use their Smithâs 1-2-3 REWARDSÂ® credit card to receive savings at Shell. They can also pay with their Smithâs 1-2-3 REWARDSÂ® credit card. However the extra 5Â¢ per gallon is only available at Smith’s Fuel Centers, when redeeming 100 or more rewards points. To activate up to $1 discount process at Shell, card holders can enter the
12-digit Plus Card Number on the back of their Smith’s Credit Card.
â¢ Customers can fi nd their current rewards points balance at the bottom of their Smithâs receipt. They can also check
their rewards points balance by registering their Smithâs rewards Card number at Smithâs.com
â¢ As soon a customer earns 100 rewards points, they can save 10Â¢ a gallon on a fi ll up. They can choose to use points
on next visit to a Smithâs Fuel Center or a participating Shell location, or they can save their points and build up their
discount. Earn rewards points and save 20Â¢, 30Â¢. 40Â¢…up to $1 per gallon.
â¢ Any points a customer does not redeem at the pump will count towards rewards certifi cates. With 500 points on their
rewards card, they’ll get a $5 rewards certifi cate. For every additional 100 points, theyâll get another $1 certifi cate.
rewards certifi cates arrive in your mailbox up to 4 times per year.
â¢ There is no limit to the number of rewards points that can be earned. There is a maximum discount of a dollar per
gallon ($1.05/gal when paying with a Smithâs 1-2-3 REWARDSÂ® Credit Card at Smithâs Fuel Centers). Fuel savings are
limited to 35 gallons, per vehicle, per purchase.
â¢ If a Customer claims they have rewards points available for use, but the savings were not received at the pump, refer
the Customer to the Smithâs rewards Line at 1-888-876-4847 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-888-876-4847 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or number found on back of their rewards Card.
â¢ If a Customer does not want to use their savings at the fuel pump, they should not insert their Smithâs rewards Card when
purchasing fuel, or they should select NO when prompted at Smithâs, and their fuel points will remain on their rewards
Card for future use.
â¢ Fuel discounts are limited to up to 35 gallons of fuel per vehicle, per purchase. Customers can re-authorize if they
have additional rewards points available or they can fi ll the remainder of their tank without the additional savings.
â¢ If a Customer asks you where the closest participating Shell is you can either refer them to the Customer Service Desk
to pick up a redemption location form or they can visit: www.shell.us/grocery or smithsfoodanddrug.com/fuel Or call
1-888-GO -SHELL begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-888-GO -SHELL end_of_the_skype_highlighting (1-888-467-4355 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-888-467-4355 end_of_the_skype_highlighting) and press “0” to speak with a Shell representative.
Customers will earn rewards points and choose how to redeem them! There will no longer be a separate fuel reward based on spending $30, 60, 90 in one transaction. With their rewards points, customers will choose how to redeem as follows. They can either:
1. Use all their points for fuel rewards at participating Smithâs or Shell locations
2. Save all their points to receive the gold envelope that contains the rewards voucher
3. Redeem in both ways
To demonstrate, letâs model 4 customers:
1. John owns his own plumbing business and uses his truck to drive to the work site. His truck holds 35 gallons of fuel. His family earns 320 points every week shopping at Smithâs. If John fills up once every week and uses his points for fuel, he will get 30Â¢ off per gallon each time. Over the course of the month, he will save $42.00 per month using his reward points. Thatâs $126.00 each quarter in fuel savings!
2. Teresa spends $1200 per month at Smithâs. She loves to get that gold envelope and all those coupons at the end of each quarter. Itâs like free money! She saves up all her points and gets a $36.00 voucher each quarter. With it, she treats her family to a steak and lobster dinner that she could not afford otherwise! She elects to use her rewards points for the voucher instead of fuel.
3. Sara is a student at University of Utah. She lives in student housing and uses public
transportation. She shops at Smithâs regularly but rarely spends $30, $60, or $90 each
shopping trip because she is on a limited budget. If she does earn fuel rewards, she has always let them expire because she does not buy fuel. Now that all of those little purchases count, if Sara spends $100 per week she will now receive a quarterly rewards voucher that spends like cash for $12.00 per quarter!
4. Layne and Angie shop at Smithâs Marketplace for most of their familyâs needs. Angie is a
stay at home mom, Layne works outside the home. Sometimes they refuel at Smithâs fuel
centers, other times Layne fills up at the station near work. At the end of the quarter, there are 1380 reward points left in their account because they have only redeemed fuel twice, once for 20Â¢ off per gallon and once for 50Â¢ off per gallon. Assuming they have a 20 gallon tank in their compact car, they saved $14.00 on fuel. Additionally, they will receive a $13.00 rewards voucher for their unused points at the end of the quarter. Thatâs a savings of $27.00 per quarter! The unused 80 points will carry over to the next quarter.
Reward Point Scenarios:
Rewards points will accumulate to save up to $1.00 per gallon if redeemed for fuel! For every 100 points earned, the fuel reward will increase 10Â¢. Once the points balance gets to 1000 points, customers will save $1.00 per gallon by redeeming them all at once. They may also redeem at any time during the quarter. If they do not redeem their points in fuel, at the end of the quarter the rewards voucher will be awarded.
1. Cathy spends $132 on April 13st and has only 171 points in her account, since the quarter just began on April 1st. She decides to top off her tank while she is at Smithâs, so she stops by the Smithâs Fuel Center too. If she elects to use her rewards card at the pump, she will be prompted to save 10Â¢ per gallon on her fuel purchase. Since she is only getting a few gallons and her fuel reward is small, she decides not to redeem. Her points will continue to add up each time she shops until she has a bigger fuel reward and an emptier tank.
2. By June 18th Cathy has 1781 rewards points. She elects to redeem at the pump and saves $1.00 per gallon. She still has 781 points that she can use for another 70Â¢ off per gallon, but if she does not redeem before June 30th, she will receive a gold envelope rewards voucher for $7.00 to pay her for the unused points balance because the quarter ends June 30th. The remaining 81 points will carry over to the next quarter.